Meet the Dentist Dr. Simmons
Meet a dentist who is experienced and will make you feel comfortable every time you visit our dental office. For more information about our dental practice or to request an appointment, contact us.
Michael Simmons, DMD
Hello, my name is Dr. Michael Simmons. Allow me to share a few words about my background and interests.
I love dentistry and have devoted my adult life to this field in areas of research, learning, and teaching, as well as treating patients. I am a perpetual student and stay abreast of new developments incorporating them into the most current patient care.
I graduated from The University of Pennsylvania dental school in 1981. After five years in general dental practice, I returned to UCLA for postdoctoral advanced training in complex orofacial pain and dysfunction problems, where I studied in the dental and medical schools. Since then, I have been a part-time faculty member at UCLA teaching and being involved in research as time permits. I lecture frequently in the community and to other medical as well as dental groups, especially in the area of Snoring, Sleep Apnea, TMJ and Orofacial Pain. Many physicians, dentists, and specialists refer to me on their complex cases and I am devoted to coordinating the best care for each patient.
Outside of dentistry, I am married with three grown boys. I enjoy playing many sports especially squash, racketball, and badminton. My wife, Pamela, is a professional singer and ordained cantor. My hobbies include building or fixing things. As contributing to the community is important to me, I currently serve on several boards of non-profit health organizations.
If you or someone you know would like a second opinion or would like to meet with me to discuss any dental treatment or plan, please call our office to schedule a consultation. I look forward to meeting you!
- Diplomate American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine 2013
- Diplomate American Board of Orofacial Pain 1996
- Lecturer UCLA School of Dentistry 1987 – present
- Clinical Assistant Professor Herman Ostrow (USC) School of Dentistry
- Clinical Supervisor UCLA Orofacial Pain Clinic (eve) Dept of Orofacial Pain 1990-1993
- Assistant Clinical Professor Pain Management Center UCLA School Of Medicine 1987-1990
- Fellowship Academy of General Dentistry 1988
- Fellow in Pain Management UCLA School of Medicine 1987
- TMJ Preceptorship UCLA School of Dentistry 1986
- DMD/DDS University of Pennsylvania 1981
- Publications, Book Chapters, original Research articles, References upon request
- Chairman Ethics Committee CA Dental Association, San Fernando Valley 2009-2012, Treasurer 2013
- Public Relations Committee AADSM 2009-2011
- Dental School Curriculum Committee AADSM 2009-2011
- Board Member of American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine 2010-2013
- Board Member of American Sleep Apnea Association 2011-present